The General Assembly:
The general assembly is made of active members, and it holds a regular meeting every year at the call of the chairman of the Board of Directors. This meeting isn’t valid unless attended by a majority of the members, and if this meeting is not attended by a majority of the members, another meeting can be held after two weeks, and this meeting will be valid irrespective of the number of attendants. If necessary, the general assembly may hold an extra-ordinary meeting at the request of the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities of the General Assembly:
The General Assembly aims to achieve the objectives of the society , and it particularly has the right to do the following:
- Issuing rules regulating the internal affairs of the society.
- Approving the annual budget of the society and its year account yearly.
- Approving the annual report of the society.
- Electing the members of the Board of Directors.
- Approving the annual work plan presented by the Board of Directors.
- Proposing establishment of branches of the society, based on recommendation from the Board of Directors.
- Appointing an outside auditor to check the society’s account, and specifying his fees.
- Proposing the transfer of the society headquarters from a university to another.
- Proposing the dissolution of the society
The Honorary President of the Society:
The general assembly has the right to nominate an honorary president for the scientific society, based on the nomination of the Board of Directors, and by a decision of the university board. The honorary president should be a person known for his interest in the fields of activity of the society, and has a right to attend the meetings as a chairman.
Revenues and Budget of the Association:
First: The society mainly depends on its own revenues that are as follows:
- Revenue from annual membership fees.
- Revenue from sale of publications and periodical bulletins of the society, and from services offered by the society within the limits of its objectives.
- Registration fees for the courses and programs held by the society.
- Gifts, contributions and donations offered by the universities, agencies or individuals.
Second: Annual budget and year accounts of the society:
- The financial year of the society starts and ends coincidentally with the start and end of the financial year of the university.
- Year accounts are prepared according to the professional rules and customs.
Composition of Board of Directors:
- The Board of Directors is composed of not more than 9 active members who are elected by the General Assembly from active members of the society using secret ballot. At least one third of members of The Board of Directors should be from personnel of King Saud University for Health Sciences.
- Membership of the board is for three years that can be renewed only once.
- If a member of the Board of Directors didn’t attend three consecutive meetings of the board without any acceptable reason, the Board of Directors can consider him to have resigned from the membership.
- In case of a vacancy on the Board of Directors for any given reason, a substitute member is chosen by the Board, and the choice should be approved by the general assembly .
- The Board of Directors elects its president, by secret ballot, from among its members, for a period of three years that can be renewed only once. The president of the Board should be from personnel of King Saud University for Health Sciences. The Board of Directors also elects its vice-president, secretary and treasurer from among its members.
- The president of the Board of Directors is considered the one who represents the association before the others and is delegated to contact official and non-official agencies inside and outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and he is the president of the General Assembly as well.
Meeting of The Board of Directors:
The Board of Directors holds a regular meeting every three months. This meeting isn’t valid unless attended by a majority of the membership. The Board of Directors has the right to hold an extra-ordinary meetings at the request of more than half of its members, or its president, or one-fifth of number of members of the General Assembly, and in this case, the meeting is limited to discussion of the items for which it is held. Decisions of the Board of Directors are issued by a majority of votes of the attendants. In case of a tie, the vote of the president of the Board is the casting vote.
Responsibilities of the Board of Directors:
The Board of Directors is responsible for the following:
- Proposing the budget of the society.
- Preparing the agenda of the General Assembly.
- Proposing the general policy of the society within the field of objectives mentioned in these rules, and presenting it to the General Assembly for approval.
- Proposing the internal rules of the society, and regulating its activities.
- Forming specialized committees and groups for the performance of duties and activities of the society.
- Preparing the annual report of the activity of the society, and presenting it to the specialized boards in King Saud University after being approved by the General Assembly.
- Determining annual membership fees.
- Charging for doing studies and researches.
- Approval of holding symposia, courses and seminars according to regulations related to these activities and followed by King Saud University.
- Acceptance of gifts, contributions, donations and aids.
- In regard to its activities, the association is subordinate to the president of King Saud University or to the one who is authorized by him/her.
- The report of the General Assembly and Boards of Directors is approved by the president of King Saud University or the one who is authorized by him.
- When there is a disagreement between the president of King Saud University and the General Assembly or Boards of Directors, it should be presented to the University Board whose decision will be final.
- If the association is dissolved (for any reason), its possessions should be conveyed to King Saud University.
- If the association is transferred from King Saud University, all its possessions and documents should be transferred to the new university.